Week of: May 25-31
Bay Leaf family, we love you, and as the church (the people of God) let us be reminded of how we can come together in spirit and truth. There are three things to participate in regularly during this crisis:
1) While we are not gathering together physically, let us as the church gather in our homes to engage with the Bible (through sermons, Bible studies, workshops).
2) Let us serve one another (Matt.5:14) seeking ways to be a blessing to those around us.
3) And finally, let us look for ways to share the gospel with others. Let people see that in uncertain times, our hope comes from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Let us be united in prayer as navigate these difficult days.
Here are some ways you can be praying:
- Pray John 13:34-35, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
- Pray John 17: 20-21, “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
- Pray the Lord will care personally for every member of our congregation through the Word and prayer.
- Pray for the staff’s wisdom in every decision as they seek opportunities for the congregation to gather in a safe environment and as they equip the saints for the work of ministry.
If you have prayer requests or are looking for ways to pray for members of the Bay Leaf family, the best way to do it is to join the "Bay Leaf Prayer Partners" Facebook group. It is a secret group and just for Bay Leaf Members. To join send a friend request to "Christina Bay Leaf" and if you are a Bay Leaf Member she will add you to the group so that you join us as we pray for each other on a daily basis.
We are hosting our weekly prayer meeting on zoom. Join Jeff Salisbury on Wednesday nights at 6:30PM. zoom.us/j/249675355
- May 9: Beginning May 16 and 17 will be offering drive-in services at Bay Leaf. Saturday at 5:00PM, Sunday at 9:00 and 11:00AM that will continue through the end of May. Our weekly drive-in service for Seniors is on Wednesday at 2:00PM. The church office will also be open on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:00AM - 12:00PM.
- May 22: Phase 2 Reopening Q&A
- When will Bay Leaf gather together again in the sanctuary?
- We anticipate gathering together for worship in the sanctuary beginning June 6 & 7.
- We will maintain our online worship platforms for our church members who choose to stay home.
- What will our schedule look like?
- We will adjust the number of services offered based upon the maximum limits for congregate gatherings and time needed to clean. Our plan is to offer worship services in the sanctuary at Saturday (5:00PM) and Sunday (9:00AM, 11:00AM). In addition we will continue a Senior drive-in service on Wednesday (2:00PM).
- What will we do to continue to follow guidelines for distancing and safety?
- Bay Leaf will try to provide a hands-free worship environment. This format will eliminate the use of offering plates & paper bulletins. We will also organize one-way traffic flow throughout our facility, with all doors open.
- We will clean the sanctuary between services, sanitizing all surfaces. In addition, the bathrooms in the main education foyer will be available to those requiring them. They will be cleaned throughout the worship service hour.
- Consistent with current CDC recommendations regarding people in congregate settings, we recommend wearing masks to prevent the spread of this virus.
- When will Sunday School classes and programs meet again in the church building?
- Due to classroom capacities and distancing requirements, we are not beginning Sunday School or programs on campus at the current time. Our hope is these will be able to meet again on campus in the coming months.
- When will Bay Leaf gather together again in the sanctuary?
Access Weekend Sermons
We desire for our church family to gather around the Word of God in worship. To help us, the weekly messages will be available at each of the following locations.
Sunday Online Church services at 10:00AM and 11:00AM live.bayleaf.org (works with computers, tablets, and phones). In addition, you can still view the weekend services in the following ways:
- The Bay Leaf Church App (iOS and Android)
- Our Podcast Feed (using any podcast player. View Instructions)
- Our Facebook Page
**If you need instructions on how to access a podcast on your device, please follow these broad instructions on our website: Podcast Setup Instructions.**
Care of Higher Risk Members
The CDC has identified some members of our community as having a higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. If you are a senior adult or have a serious chronic medical condition like heart disease, diabetes, or lung disease and need assistance in any way, including needing someone to pick up groceries or prescriptions, please call the church office (919-847-4477) or email Pastor Don Gilbert.
Ways to Serve
This is affecting everyone and there are ways that you can help to serve our community.
Backyard Kid's Cubs: While we are saddened that we have had to cancel our annual VBS, we are excited about the opportunity to equip you to host Back Yard Kid’s Clubs in your neighborhood. To access the curriculum (COMING SOON). Also, be sure to watch this recorded conversation with Pastor Mark Bainbridge, Angela, Britt, and others sharing collective wisdom about how to host one in your community by clicking here. Please let us know when you decide to host a Kid’s Club because we would love to help make connections. If you are interested to support a Kid’s Club by providing snacks or craft material, please contact Pastor Mark so that he can connect you to a club near you!
North Raleigh International Ministry Center: We are continuing to work with Pastor Patrick and will let you know when we have more opportunities for you to serve.
Food Drive Interviews: Jeff Salisbury interviews Monica Ford and Mimi Brummett about the food drives they are doing in their neighborhoods, click here to watch. We wanted to celebrate the work that is God doing in our community and help provide resources if you want to do something similar. As you address food insecurity in our community, consider donating to these organizations: Neighborhood food drive that may be happening in your neighborhood, North Raleigh Ministries (9650 Strickland Rd, Raleigh, NC 27615), and the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina (1924 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604). For information on food insecurity and ways to help visit: wcpss.net/food
Ways to Give
During this time of not being able to meet together for worship during the weekend, we want to make you aware of one way that giving can continue online. bayleaf.org/give
Below are discipleship resources to access digitally during this time. You will find this list updated regularly including the full online class schedule (using Zoom) below.
One resource that the churh provides for everyone, is RightNow Media. If you do not have an account you can make one at: bayleaf.org/rightnow. And then stream Bible study videos on your computer, or download their app on smart phones, Roku, or AppleTV.
Sunday School with Billy: Our study takes place each Sunday morning at 9:00AM. We are studying 1 John and the Christian qualities of joy, holiness and assurance. zoom.us/j/908955755
Scripture Memory Tips: Check out this Replicate article and learn some great tips on the discipline of scripture memory.
Bay Leaf Podcasts: If you've missed listening to any of the weekend sermons, you can check them all out on our podcast, Click to listen.
H.E.A.R. Journal Bible Study Method: One of the best ways to engage with God's Word daily to learn how to study using the HEAR journaling method. Learn more here.
Christian Counseling & Education Foundation Resources: Click for great blogs, short videos, and podcasts from CCEF about coronavirus and how we should live our everday lives. https://www.ccef.org/coronavirus/
Keenagers Get-Together: On Tuesdays at 2:00PM, all seniors are invited! zoom.us/j/95706226867 or call 1 253 215 8787 and enter meeting ID: 95706226867#
Wednesday Drive-In Service: Come in your car at 2:00PM or join on zoom: zoom.us/j/857476622 or call 1 253 215 8787 and enter meeting ID: 857476622#
Resources for Family Devotions: Check out this article by Melissa Kruger giving a number of resources for family devotions from The Gospel Coalition.
LifeWay Kids at Home: We want to equip your family to study the Bible at home with the FREE LifeWay Kids at Home Digital Pass Experience. LifeWay Kids at Home includes a video session along with a downloadable activity page and conversation starters. To access LifeWay Kids at Home follow these steps: 1. Go to my.lifeway.com/redeem, 2. register if you are a new user or log in (it's a free account), 3. enter this redemption code: VZMD4SSQ38, 4. Click "Access" (you might be prompted to sign in again) and then click "My Dashboard" and go to LifeWay Kids at Home, 5. Download your Activity Page and One Conversation Sheet to use as you watch the video session. Content will be updated weekly as needed. **This is the Sunday School Curriculum that we are using.
Right Now Media Kids: One of the resources that Bay Leaf offers is RightNow Media and they have lots of options for kids so that you can use screen time to point them to Jesus. If you do have an account yet, you can get access here.
K-Lyle Podcast: Lyle and Kyle have finally started that podcast they have been talking about for so long. They are going to review Christian books and history, spiritual leadership, and life in general. If you or your students have questions they want answered, send them to Lyle. Listen here or wherever you listen to Podcasts.
To keep with all the things that Lyle, Kyle, and Molly are doing with the students on Zoom, make sure you are getting Lyle's emails.
Connect: On Wednesday Nights at 7:30PM, Patrick will be hosting Connect. zoom.us/j/96767709598
College and Young Adult Small Group: On Sunday Morning at 11:00AM, Join Patrick for this time of meeting together. zoom.us/j/93719351191